Monday, June 15, 2009

The final countdown...

I am due 1 month from today and I am definitely getting to the point is being done being pregnant! I have started to remember the following points that become a little annoying at the end of your pregnancy:

  • Leg cramps in the middle of the night that are painful enough to wake you up - check
  • Trying to go to bed at 9 in order to get some extra rest and the baby decides that it will dance to Kung Foo Fighting for 90 minutes - check; Oh and they replay that song apparently around 2 AM
  • I never know when I am full which then makes me nauseous - check! I can't wait to have a full sized stomach back in order to enjoy a normal sized meal. Though at the same time I am probably eating portions that are more appropriate.
  • Inability to rollover at night so there is no way you can stay asleep.
  • The reality that wearing Depends is an option that is now appealing.
  • At this point elastic waist bands are really the only way to go - I can't breath in anything else.

I know all of this and many other things are very normal - I just had a bad night last night so I am a little tired and cranky. I think also the second time around isn't quite as exciting. Maybe because you have done it before and maybe because you know what is coming. I know once the baby comes I will forget all of these annoyances and think to myself - wouldn't it just be easier to be pregnant again because there will be so much crying and lack of sleep. But really at least you can sleep again even if it is only for small bits of time. I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again!

Sorry for the whining - things are just starting to wear on me a little bit right now. And some of it I would like to look back on and laugh at. I find having a child is such a mixture of opposite emotions and right now happiness/joy/excitement isn't bubbling to the top. Luckily tomorrow is another day for those to win out.

2 comments:

Ellen 12:27 PM  

Thanks for the painful flashback. God, I hate that last month.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 6:28 PM  

Sarah,
This month is tough, I can just feel exactly what you were writing and have sympathy for you!!! One month to go --- so exciting :) thinking of you!!!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP