Friday, July 23, 2010

Putting myself out to pasture

For the better part of the last 4 years I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding. Both of these were my choices but it was still a hard 4-years. At times it definitely felt like I had put my life on hold while literally giving my blood, seat, tears, and milk to someone else in order to help them grow and be healthy.

Tomorrow T turns 1 so my tour of duty is officially over. We aren't having any more kids and there will be whole milk in that bottle tomorrow. T stopped breastfeeding around 8 weeks so I have just been pumping so I am not going to miss the time we spent together because we weren't spending any time together - she is in love with her bottle.

I am looking forward to having a glass of wine at 9 PM without thinking, Oh that means I need to wait at least an hour which puts me at 10 PM to pump and I really should have been in bed at 9. And if I am exhausted I can put my kids to bed and walk right down the hall to go to sleep instead of having to go back downstairs to pump and clean up all of the 'equipment' that goes along with it. I definitely won't miss the small bottles, the pump pieces that I wash 4 times a day, and a breast pump sitting in my hotel room. I also don't need to carry it on an airplane - inevitably someone asks what it is - usually during security - last time as soon as the guy asked me what it was and I said breast pump he let me move right though.

Tomorrow I am hoping to have a post dedicated to my beautiful baby on her first birthday.

3 comments:

Ellen 7:00 AM  

Congratulations, my friend, you should be really proud of the sacrifices you've made. It took me six months to get over the breastfeeding induced brain-haze when J stopped, but I felt three million times better.

And Happy B-Day to the big girl.

Sarah, Andy, Murdoch, and Deucey 7:08 AM  

Ellen - thanks! I am expecting this radical change but I know it won't happen that fast. I am just looking forward to having some more energy - I can't wait!

S

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 11:03 AM  

I can't believe "t" is going to be one tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! WOW! also - I am happy for you that you will not have the "milking machine" attached to your chest anymore - I bet you will not miss that sound (can't think of a way to write out the sound that it makes). hooray to glasses of wine without thoughts of how long you have to wait to pump!!! enjoy your baby girl's first birthday :)

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP