Monday, September 19, 2011

My 'I don't know how she does it' moment

I read this book years ago before I had kids and I thought it was hilarious! I especially loved one piece when she goes to work to give a presentation, most of her co-workers are male, and she is very happy that everyone really seemed to be paying attention and was very interested in her presentation. Well it turns out she had a sheer light colored blouse on with a bright red bra that you could see right through the shirt.

Fast forward to me this morning:

It is Monday morning. It was a good weekend - the weather was nice, we had soccer game, I got my hair cut, colored, and done, we had an adult only party on Saturday night, Sunday we went to the park and watched the football game while a few people cam over to help us eat some of the leftovers. And I was finishing up the sangria around 7 PM which was quite good the second day.

I am up on time instead of 20-25 minutes late, T has slept pretty well though not great, and I am excited to go into work with my professionally straight hair. I catch the earlier train, it is packed but I have some personal space standing and I start to read the paper. A woman behind me taps my purse and the only thing that I can understand is 'open'. My purse is a little open so I say thank you and turn back around and continue reading. Fast forward a few stops and another woman says your skirt is open. So the open a few stops back is making a little more sense now.

I embarrass very easily and I also turn very red very easily as well. The combo of these at times are even more embarrassing. Maybe it was the fact that I was on the subway and not at work (I would have been horrified at work) or the fact that I was just too tired to care. So I simply let the people get off on the stop, zip my skirt up, and sit down in the open seats.

Honestly it was pretty bad. I guess at least I had underwear on though it wasn't covering much. I guess it gave all of those people something to talk about when they got to work on a Monday morning. I just hope they don't remember this too long considering that I ride the same train almost every morning with pretty much the same people.

1 comments:

Ellen 5:33 AM  

this made me smile.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP