Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cold, Tired, and Unmotivated

It is cold out and it is supposed to only get colder - the high on Friday is supposed to be 10! I don't even want to think about the windchill. The commute to work in that isn't pleasant. And getting out of bed in the dark, getting ready in the dark, and getting to work in the dark isn't pleasant either. January and February are definitely my least favorite months of the year. Every year I don't plan a March vacation to a warm destination I kick myself. Two years ago we went to St. Lucia and last year we went to Florida. This year I am just hoping for more sunlight and that these two months fly by. March isn't the best but somehow it seems promising but it is usually a tease.

I need to motivate to get pictures and videos off my camera but right now they are all dead which requires one more step before I can put them on my laptop which just seems like such an obstacle at the end of the day. Maybe it is because I look at a computer most of the day that it makes it hard to do it when I get home.

Thank you for listening to the complaining. I am looking forward to my three-day weekend. Murdoch goes to daycare on Monday and I have the day off which is basically the best day off ever - I know that may seem mean to many of you but I can get some things done and I can pick him up early to see him a little more that day so it is a win-win. Maybe I will actually finish painting one of the bookshelves in his room and we can actually put a few things away - it has only been over a year at this point - we are obviously not behind :) But the office is also screaming to be finished so I will see who screams the loudest over the weekend and on Monday. Maybe the office will get some love this weekend - I don't think I will be traveling outside too much when the windchill has a very good chance of being below 0.

1 comments:

Ellen 6:39 AM  

Looks like it's going to be frigid your way. Cold here too, but that means temps in the 40s during the day and teens at night. Feels pretty nippy in this old house.

I have both girls home today, so I can really understand how great it is to drop them off and have a free day. It's good for him and good for you.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP