Monday, April 20, 2009

April updates

April was going to be my big comeback as far as blog updates go but that obviously hasn't happened. With the addition of the kitchen project to our plates other things have just fallen off the plate and will remain on the floor for a little while.

The kitchen project is actually going really well except for one issue but we have been able to take care of that. The walls are up for the most part and they have been plastered for the most part. We are doing more than just the kitchen in this project but our main concern is to get the kitchen back in working order as soon as possible. So the walls are up, I painted the kitchen yesterday, and the floors guys are there for the next couple of days to do the patching, sanding, and sealing. With the walls up and the floors being completed comes a cleaner house! Which right now is the most exciting thing! We are staying in a hotel the next couple of days while that goes on which will be interesting. I get up a couple of hours before Andy and Murdoch but with all of us in one room I don't know how Murdoch is going to stay asleep so hopefully it isn't too bad.

Getting the floors done is a really big step in my opinion in any project because things look so much better!

This weekend we go to STL to visit my parents and hopefully we get to do a little relaxing! I can't wait. And the cabinets will go up while we are gone so that will be a great treat to see when we get back. We can actually put the stove back in place and start to make a few meals but unfortunately the bathtub will be the sink for several more weeks while we wait for the counter tops. But it is a big step forward.

If I can remember to bring the camera to the hotel I will download the pictures and post them - I have been taking pictures at each step - it is a good reminder of how much you have done when you start to get very frustrated and depressed with your house situation :)

2 comments:

Ellen 7:52 AM  

No more hazing about pictures! Glad to hear the kitchen is moving along. I can only imagine how good it's going to feel when it's all done.

If I don't talk to you before then, have a great time in STL.

Sarah, Andy, Murdoch, and Deucey 8:40 AM  

You weren't hazing me at all :) The whole office/kitchen/storage combo doesn't make you want to stay in there and work on your blog so pictures tend to not be downloaded :)

We started to pick out a few more things for the kitchen which makes it a little more exciting - it helps me look beyond the dust and mess :)

S

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP