Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April 1st - A Great Day!

Due to stresses on the home front and work front I am trying to be more positive. So I decided to pick out reasons why today is such a great day. Here is what I came up with:

1) Today is my 6th engagement anniversary. I know this sounds silly but I like to remember it. 6 years ago we were relaxing in the Caribbean, going scuba diving, diving wine, and then we got engaged on the beach. Maybe on a future April 1st we can redo that engagement - I would love to be on a beach right now! :)

2) Today I am 25 weeks into my second pregnancy. This pregnancy has been harder than the first. I have been sick more often and it is also due to the fact that I can't just come home and lay on the couch after work. There is a very demanding little toddler that wants to play, eat, scream, etc. that doesn't allow that to happen.

3) Street cleaning starts today. I know this sound silly and actually in the past I hated the start of street cleaning. But after watching the snow melt and seeing all of the trash and pieces of asphalt under there I can't wait for the regular cycle of the removal of this dirt. Plus it makes your walk a lot more pleasant.

4) I am getting a new kitchen. Right now this is not a source of joy. With plaster dust everywhere, our kitchen and dining room completely cleared out and housed in our TV room, office, and various bedroom makes this a reason to go into work early every day. Not to mention the additional stress of trying to keep a toddler and a dog out of the work area and trying to keep them relatively clean and occupied during this process which is pretty much impossible - plaster dust is everywhere! But this is needed. We have been in this house for over 2.5 years and our kitchen has basically been a room with appliances. There were a few cabinets in this back pantry like area but that really didn't cut it. So in the end I am hoping the memory and dust are instantly removed when I see the new cabinets, counter tops, and I put my first utensil in a drawer after 2.5 years of no drawers. I am sure these memories will fade but they will come right back when we do our next large project - but that won't be until the next house so I am going to take the time to enjoy it.

5) April seems way closer to Spring than it does in March. Plus on March 1st we got a foot of snow - today it might get to 50 - really I can't ask for more than that.

Enjoy your April Fool's Day!

2 comments:

Unknown 3:52 PM  

Good positive thinking!

Ellen 8:39 AM  

Visibly pregnant means no one can mistake you for being menopausal!

I'm going to have to follow your lead and start concentrating on the positive.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP