Thursday, April 09, 2009

Have a Happy Easter

So this will be a totally random post. Lots little thing going on so I thought I would just put a quick post out there.

Tomorrow is Good Friday and I have a holiday. So I have a 3-day weekend and my son will be at daycare tomorrow and my husband will be at work. I plan on doing some things around the house but I also plan on doing a few things for me, I will have some alone time and I think a pedicure is on the schedule - this is one of my favorite days of the year.

As for actual Easter we aren't doing anything. Maybe we will get Chinese or Indian take-out. No kitchen to cook in so if we ask someone else if they want to do something for Easter we are pretty much inviting ourselves over so I think a meal in the house amongst all of the dust is what we will be doing.

The house is going well. What has been completed - Demo, rough plumbing, rough electrical, and rough framing. The fire stopping was completed yesterday and as long as that inspection is completed today the insulation can start today and continue tomorrow. Our pocket doors were picked up today to be stripped so hopefully they come back today or tomorrow morning and I will either paint or stain those maybe even this weekend. Then when the insulation and a few other details are complete the blue board can be installed which is what I am looking forward to because that really contains the dust. Then plaster on top of that, painting the kitchen, floors redone, and then the cabinets can be installed. Pretty crazy! I think this is the best one of our projects has ever gone so I am waiting for something horrible to happen. So far so good.

One funny thing that Murdoch did last weekend was trying to go down a ramp like it was a slide. Now we do the slides at the play yard and he does them all of the time at daycare so there was this little ramp on the side of a restaurant, I assume for delivers, and he got down and tried to use it like a slide. Ah the simple joys in life! He has also decided that fresh fruit is the new 'in' food so I am excited to get away from crackers and pasta a little bit. Then again we went out to dinner last night and he ate a butter packet, and proceeded to lick the butter off of the table when he spilled it - not our greatest hour but he had such a good time at dinner and so was good which allowed A to take out the pocket doors and have a little downtime.

That is it for our lives. Lots going on but nothing particularly exciting all at the same time. Just hoping for warmer weather - it is supposed to be cooler this weekend which is depressing because that makes for a long day in a dusty and dirty house. Enjoy your Easter!

1 comments:

Unknown 12:28 PM  

I love the stories! His age is priceless for the connections made in the young brain.
Wish we could be there to invite you to dinner! Glad to hear that the kitchen is progressing well... and that you have a day to recoup yourself.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP