Sunday, October 28, 2007

An exciting week!


We had a very busy week. On Saturday Talli & Bob arrived to stay over for a night on their way to Florida for the winter. Talli & Bob left on Sunday and we drove up to Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester to enjoy the weather and wear Deucey out. Then on Tuesday Murdoch started daycare, my Mom arrived, Murdoch was 8 weeks old and he slept until 7:30 AM! On Wednesday Murdoch has his two month checkup which went very well. Here are his latest 'stats':

13 pounds 15 ounces
25.5 inches long

He grew two inches in a month and he is now in the 99th percentile for height. He is now wearing his 6 month clothing. I had to do a little shopping because I wasn't expecting him to need that size clothes so quickly! He has also started smiling so I have been trying to get some videos of that to share with everyone.

On Thursday Deucey had her yearly check-up and she is just fine. She is just about 55 pounds which is perfect for her so no diet dog food for her yet. My Mom left on Thursday night after a nice visit. And on Friday Murdoch went to daycare from 9-3, the previous three days he had gone 9-12.

The RedSox have won the first three games of the series so we are very excited - both because we want them to win and because if they do we get our month back for the mattress we bought back in April. One of the furniture stores in the Boston area had a promotion - if the RedSox won the World Series and you bought certain pieces of furniture then you would get your money back. We were planning on buying a new mattress and decided why not do it during the promotion. So hopefully we will be getting a credit right around Christmas which would be perfect.

Next week is my last full week at home with Murdoch and I am really bummed out that I have to go back to work. At first it was hard for me to stay home - I felt very bored and like I wasn't really accomplishing anything. I really wanted to be back at work. Then after about 2 weeks I accepted that it was okay if I didn't accomplish anything but hanging out with Murdoch and maybe a load of laundry or something small like that. After that happened I really started to enjoy myself. He has been a really good baby - I couldn't ask for a better one so it has been awesome being able to spend this much time with him. It is going to be hard going back to work and not being able to watch him sleep during the week and watch him smile after eating. For now Andy and I both need to work full-time so maybe in the future one of us will be able work part-time and spend more time at home.

I will post pictures and hopefully some videos from the week in the next day or so.

1 comments:

Ellen 6:13 PM  

Sarah,

Your post made me sad for you guys. Little Murdoch is growing too fast (just like Julia). It seems like the weeks fly by at our house, and I can't believe how quickly J is growing. She's also in the next size up (another really long baby, what's up with that, Craig and I are short--at least Mur has tall parents!)

I can't wait to see a picture of him smiling.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP