Thursday, June 19, 2008

We're Baaaack!

We returned Tuesday from an awesome weekend in Macon visiting Ellen, Craig, Grace, and Julie. I haven't downloaded any of the pictures from the weekend to my laptop but Ellen did so you can take a look at those pictures.

We had a 6 AM flight on Saturday morning - Murdoch was awesome. A little fussy but not too bad. I was so thankful for that! I was really nervous about traveling alone with him and would I be able to handle the luggage, the stroller, him, etc. but it went really well. Plus we didn't have to bring as much because Ellen provided us with food, diapers, wipes, etc. That was a huge help!

Murdoch had such a good time - he loves Grace! He would just sit and stare and smile at her - she would talk to him, get him toys when he cried, etc. She was great! I think Craig was Murdoch's favorite. By day three he was crawling everywhere Craig went and he would cry if Craig left. It was so cute.

We took a tour of Macon - which is a gorgeous city if you have never been there. We took walks and we went to the pool - We used their floaty and Murdoch was in the pool for over and hour.

We returned Tuesday evening and it was depressing - one because we left the Byrons and I had such a great time and because we returned to construction - half of our second floor is gutted and there is that layer of construction dust everywhere.

Thank you so much Byrons! I can't say that enough. It was so much fun. I can't tell you how much I appreciate everything you did for us. It was so nice knowing that it was okay not to talking when I was tired, if I wanted to stay in my PJs until noon that was fine, if Murdoch cried that was just something else that happened. I could go on and on but thank you for the general sense of welcome and calm in your house - I can't wait to come back.

Hopefully this weekend I will catch up on videos and pictures because I have a lot of them!

1 comments:

Unknown 9:14 AM  

It's so good to hear that you had a good time with the cousins and the traveling was easier than expected.
Can't wait to see the photos!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP