Friday, May 29, 2009

We have royalty in the house...



In the form of a new potty. This is the Fisher-Price Royal Stepstool Potty.



This is our newest purchase! :) Last night Master Murdoch sat on the potty for 5 stories before going to bed. He actually really seems to enjoy his time there - I guess that is something he got from his father :)

When I pick Murdoch up from daycare everyday you get a little piece of paper that tells you what he eat, how long he slept, and then his bathroom routine as well. I noticed about a month or so ago that next to the bathroom details they circled 'TRIED'. So I asked them if they thought I should try at home as well. They said why not. So we bought the potty and he loves sitting on it with his pants up so we have been doing that for a week or so and now we are working it into the nigh time routine. No real action yet but when it does happen a little song plays which should be pretty funny. Hopefully we will hear one of those royal tunes soon :)

And I had to pass along another funny thing from last night. After the potty we went back to get ready for bed and I was walking around with him talking and then started to sing/hum a made-up song. I was doing that for about 3 seconds and he said 'NO!'. I stopped and then started again and this time I got the 'NO!' with a hand on the mouth. I thought this was pretty funny so I tried it one more time and I got the 'NO!' with the hand. So I said what do you want me to sing then? No answer. I tried Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. There was no 'NO!' and he kept his head on my shoulder relaxing. Then when I finished his head flipped off my shoulder and he started saying Yeah while clapping his hands over his head. I got this kind of reaction about 3 more times before I put him to bed. I thought this was pretty funny - I guess he won't tolerate my silly little songs like Andy does :)

3 comments:

Unknown 7:30 AM  

He does know what he wants! Funny little boy. Are you sure this is just from Andy?!!!
I love his throne...

Ellen 11:00 AM  

Master Murdoch, this is just one more step toward world (or at least) parent domination! Bend them to your wil,l little man, make them think you'll do it on the potty, then poop on the floor. Take it from Grace, this drives the parents INSANE.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 5:41 AM  

love his new "throne"! how funny that he was telling you "no" when you were singing, they certainly know what they want!!!

by the way - is "mean mommy" a friend of yours, or did you just happen to find her blog. I checked it out, from your blog, and she is hilarious (so is her husband)!

have a great day!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP