Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hoping for a better month in February

So I have decided to continue my whining Wednesdays though it is Thursday so I can't even seem to get that right! :) On Sunday I ended up going to the emergency room - yes I went twice in one week. I cut a piece of my left index finger and nail off while cooking Sunday night. It didn't seem bad - it wasn't bleeding all that much and honestly I just didn't want to go to the ER again. I went to bed with it wrapped up and over my head. Well I woke up about an hour later to blood all the way down my arm, all over my head (it looked like someone tried to scalp me), and blood all over my pillow. Andy looked at me and said go to the ER - no options - this is bleeding too much. So I jumped in the shower - because there was blood everywhere and drove to the hospital down the street. Well I got there, no one else was there, thank god, so they took me in right away. I pulled off the wrap I had on there and you want to know how much it bleed - one drop!!!! I felt like such an idiot. They sent me home with band aids and bacitracin. My theory is that the combo of getting in the shower and then running out into the cold with wet hair and such made me cold enough, my hands were practically purple, that the bleeding stopped due to my hands being frozen. So back home and back to work a few hours later.

Then Wednesday comes. Deucey's appointment with the orthopedic surgeon is at 11 AM. I wait by the phone for the update from Andy - knowing that she has blown out her knee but there is that 1% chance that it is just fine and we have to do nothing. Well the 1% didn't win so we are looking at a really expensive surgery, not to mention at least 6 weeks of recovery which is really going to suck - no stairs for her at all. I barely survived three days of carrying her up and down the stairs. I think we need to have one of those chairs installed that she can sit in and it takes her down the stairs. So not shocking news but it sucked to have it confirmed that she needs the surgery.

Then daycare called - Murdoch has a 103 fever. Again - not surprised because he seemed off but once again I was crossing my fingers that it was nothing.

So I am not really sure how February is going to be better when we have a dog that basically can't do anything and it is still winter so the kids will be sick but like I have in the past I will cross my fingers and hope for the best, knowing that most likely the worst will occur.

2 comments:

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 1:38 PM  

oh sarah! i am so sorry! i also have to apologize, i laughed while reading when you said after you took the band aid off at the er that it bled one drop. i can't imagine all that keeps going on, i am also sorry that deucey for sure needs surgery. i wonder how much one of those chairs for the stairs would cost... hmmm... hope this weekend is at least a good one!!! :)

Unknown 2:15 PM  

January certainly hasn't been the kindest to you, has it? Wow! Is Murdoch's fever identifiable or just a fever that spiked?
Somehow you are managing, but what's the personal cost?
Here's to a better February!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP