Friday, January 01, 2010

My Girlfriend works at the bar

Since I was the cause of the latest funny Murdoch story, Sarah asked me to give the Blogging a try. Here goes...

Lately on Sundays we've been taking the family down to the local bar for some good Bloody Marys, food we don't have to cook, and some football. Murdoch seems to like going and the staff is very kid friendly so it all seems to work out OK. Well this past weekend we brought along Sarah's parents for the experience and got a nice table right near the big screen. Our waitress was very nice and was trying to make friends with Murdoch who was clearly in over his head and got very shy. Just for fun, I decided to tell him that she was his Girlfriend. Well, upon hearing that he was now VERY interested in this girl and kept watching her walk all around the bar. Anytime he lost sight of her he would ask "Where my girlfriend go dada?" or when she came near the table it was "That my girlfriend". When it was time to wrap up the outing, we stopped over to the bar and said goodbye, but Murdoch couldn't hold it together and hid his head on my shoulder. She loved it though, so I think he managed to work a little magic even with no confidence. She was cute, but I know to Murdoch she looked more like this.

Later when we got home he asked me where his girlfriend was and I said at the bar where she works. He repeated this a couple of time trying to work through the details in his head and then has been proudly telling any and everyone since that "My Girlfriend work at Bar!" Funny stuff. Can't wait to see what happens this Sunday. Maybe he'll even bulk up the courage to say hi.

1 comments:

Unknown 10:42 AM  

Too young for girlfriends - remember "Oh, go drink your beard!" ??

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP