Wednesday, May 05, 2010

4 Small Words

I'll have another drink.
Yes I'll have dessert.
Let's take a nap.
What an awesome weekend!

Ellen and I traveled to Charleston this passed weekend for a girls weekend. We left our husbands, kids, and stress at home and escaped for just over 2 days and it was awesome! I loved Charleston - I ate too much, caught up on some sleep, saw some great houses on our walks, and I had such a great time with Ellen. The weekend was great - get up eat, walk, nap, and then have drinks and dinner. We walked the town two separate times but we didn't do any true sight seeing and I have to say I am so happy about that. It was so nice to go to a new city and just do what I wanted - we was tired in the afternoon so we napped instead of feeling guilty about not seeing all of the churches, forts, etc. in the area. It is so nice knowing that there is no real agenda that has to happen when I am with Ellen. We talked about our kids, our husbands, our jobs, aging, our crazy 20's, and a million other things. I didn't have to think about editing what I was saying and I knew that I could talk about my kids for 30 minutes and Ellen wouldn't mind at all. It is so nice to be in someone's company like that. Plus she is a lot of fun and makes me laugh.

1 comments:

Ellen 7:28 AM  

Three words: I heart you.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP