Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random Thoughts and Updates

I tend to have random thoughts when I have had too much caffeine or if I am by myself too long - Andy is away and Murdoch and Deucey are not exactly the best chatters so I am not technically alone but if I don't have someone to talk to my mind tends to race in odd directions making weird associations. Andy usually feels overwhelmed by talking when he gets home, oh well.

Last night - I am watching the Biggest Loser. These people are working out, dieting, how much weight they have lost is flashing up on the screen. What am I doing - eating apple crisp. Okay I made it so on level it is better - no preservatives, natural ingredients - but I also tend to like the crisp part of apple crisp so I made a little extra topping. :) So I am sitting there eating sugar and butter and these people are crying on the treadmill - that doesn't seem quite right.

The other day I noticed that I lost one on the diamonds in my engagement ring - it was a very small one so I wasn't that concerned. Then I find out later, because I remarked on Andy's ring being so shiny, that he had lost his wedding band on the golf course! Both of us now have shiny rings - his because it is new, mine because it is nicely polished. It kind of makes me feel like a newlywed - I keep looking down at my ring and remembering when it looked like this when I first got it. Getting your rings shined seems like a cheap way to feel like a newlywed - I should try that more often!

Deucey got her stitches out today and the cone has been retired! I am so excited though not as much as her - she is pancing around. I think we will hit the dog park this weekend and see if the eye holds up under heavy dog wrestling conditions.

My Mom is coming on Friday to visit Murdoch - it looks like we might hit 60 again and it is supposed to be sunny - much better than the 45 and rainy so it feels like 35 with the wind! More swimming lessons and we are heading over to see Hugh & Karen - they got married last week - just the legal part - the big party is next year!

And on a final note Murdoch's daycare teacher's husband died last week. He fought a long battle with cancer. Please keep her in your thoughts - it is a very hard time for her - not one that I can even imagine. She is returning to work next week so I will have to tell Murdoch to go easy on her and give out lots of hugs and kisses.

Off to get the buddy ready for bed - though right now he is in a very good mood so maybe we will hang out for a little while. I hope you are enjoying your week!

1 comments:

Ellen 4:42 PM  

Finally, I can comment (for some unknown reason I couldn't before). Yay, Deucey, I'm sure you feel much better (and more dignified) without the cone. Yay and Boo Hoo, Murdoch. Stop growing, kid, you're making me cry. Andy, you dirty dog, losing the ring on the golf course (Craig lost his mowing the lawn). Likely stories....

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP