Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Excuse Me, Excuse Me, Excuse Me

Murdoch has mastered 'Thank you', 'Please', and a few other polite phrases. You have to reminder him but he will pretty much always say them. We have now started to teach him to say 'Excuse Me' if you burp or make any other bodily noise or if an adult is speaking and you want to say something. The Excuse Me when someone is speaking isn't going that well but the other one is as I witnessed the other night.

The two of us were sitting on the couch watching Handy Manny before bedtime and he got the hiccups. Murdoch would hiccup, then say 'Excuse Me', another hiccup, another 'Excuse Me', etc. It was so cute! He was clearly tired so he was just kind of staring at the TV and saying excuse me every couple of seconds. I tried not to giggle but I couldn't help myself. Luckily he did notice.

1 comments:

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 8:10 AM  

oh - wish i could see a video clip of murdoch w/ the hiccups and the "excuse me's" :) so cute!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP