Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The week in review

Andy has been gone for one week as of tomorrow but he is getting home after the kids to go bed so for all intensive purposes he is gone until Thursday.

Day One, Thursday - Andy leaves for Vegas. Pick kids up, I honestly don't remember too much about the day so it couldn't have been that bad

Day two, Friday - drop kids off, take Deucey to get her staples out, they say she looks awesome and she is right on schedule if not ahead of schedule - so thrilled and pleased! Grand plans to do some painting because I have taken a vacation day but I decide that Deucey's ear looks nasty so I make another appointment with the regular vet. Mom is schedule to come in, the flight is delayed so I decide to pick up T first not after the airport. I get there, she is sleeping. Leave go to airport, go to pick up M, he is thrilled to see my Mom, who he calls Gray, and actually runs up and gives her a huge kiss and hug. Now if you know M you will know that this is highly unusual - he usually won't talk to you for quite awhile. Go to pick up T and we head home. Evening is nice - M even wants Gray to put him to bed - shocking again! I think this is going to be a great weekend. The rain starts...

Day three, Saturday - we go to the Science Museum, we have a good time. Try to keep M awake on drive home in order to get a real nap at home. Again he asks for Gray to put him down for the nap. Catch up on TV via the DVR, again should be painting but I don't. M wakes up crazy. Evening is good - at least I don't remember anything about it. Still raining....

Day four, Sunday - We hit the mall as on 'outing'. I had some thing to return and we got there early with the time change so there weren't a lot of people there and there is a Starbucks. Have fun. Small fight over tools. Leave the toy store and the tools but M is good for the rest of the mall so we go back to get the tools. Now we have about 300 different tools at my house. Go back to the car, kids are in the car, putting the stroller in the trunk, back go out. I can't move for 5-10 minutes and after that it is extremely painful. Somehow I get into the car. We have no food so I go to the store, the one that will load your car with the groceries because at this point I can barely walk. My Mom stays in the car with the kids who are now sleeping - that god she was there and thank god they were sleeping. Do the shopping, head home. Deucey still needs to be carried up and down the stairs. What do I do? I do a little of her doing it and me still carrying her. No dinner made, ate cereal. Andy is due to arrive at 5 AM the next morning so at least I don't have to carry the dog until Monday night. He makes it to LA then flight is canceled. No help in the morning there. Email from renter - there is a stain on the ceiling in the apartment - I am reading this as I am getting into bed around 10:30. Get back out of bed, go over to that house. Find the problem in the attic - the roof is leaking. Go and find things to collect the water while in a lot of pain - going up and down ladders and in the attic wasn't the best idea. Get home around 1 AM. Still raining....

Day Five, Monday - no way I can make it to work because I will have to meet with someone about the roof. Get up, get kids ready, ice back, and send Mom in a cab to the airport because the kids are still sleeping due to the time change which I hate!!! Kids don't just automatically go to bed an hour earlier! Mom is off. Kids are ready and I go back upstairs to change. Come back down to brown sugar all over the dining room - I resist the urge to throw M out the window. Finish getting them ready and off to school. Get back home, logon to do some work. How do you clean up all of this brown suger? I let it just sit there and dry and get hard - much easier to vacuum up. Evening is relatively uneventful.

Day Six, Tuesday - M wakes up crying and whining and didn't really stop all that much until we dropped T off. Get them to school, run to work late due to drop offs. Work, work, work. head home. M has another round of crying and screaming. Finally get them down and I try to clean up the house - it is awful by this point. The rain has stopped - that was the highlight of my day.

Day Seven, Wednesday - Small crying in the AM but otherwise good. Wednesday is trash day and M is scared of the garage truck because it is so loud - that is a very motivating thing to use when you want to get a kid into the car quickly. They are dropped off and I am at work. I am hoping that the evening is a good one. Everyone needs a bath but I am not sure my back will allow that so I will probably send in dirty children to school tomorrow. Oh well.

Here is to a better 7 days starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ellen 5:07 PM  

I'm assuming an improvement over the next seven would be because Andy is handling the kids solo, right?

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 10:10 AM  

i sure hope andy is home and that you have some relief! did you injure your back somehow in the mix of this past week? i missed the part where you got hurt, only that you were hurt and could barely walk! this coming week HAS to be a better one :)

Mary 2:18 AM  

Why is it when they go away, the shit hits the fan? When we leave it's all blue skies and clear sailing.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP