Thursday, April 01, 2010

7 Year Itch

So 7 years ago today I got engaged. We were down in Turks & Caicos for about 4 or 5 days before we went to the Bahamas for a free work trip. We got up early that day, around 6:30 or 7 which is now sleeping in, and we went diving, hung around the pool, watched the sunset in a hammock, Andy proposed, and we went out to dinner. If he reads this he can logon and do a post for the whole proposal - my response didn't involved tears and not being able to speak so he was a little disappointed.

Now here I am 7 years later. Up at 4:30 to get ready before the kids get up, take the dog out and do her PT, get the kids up, people are screaming and crying because it is too early to get up, get them out of the house, at work now, pick M up early then T. Hoping maybe I can get some caffeine on the way home. I made a casserole but I will probably end up eating cereal, get kids in the bath and then to bed. Do Deucey's PT and then prime a door. We are putting our first floor unit on the market and there are some last minute things that need to happen. So I am hoping to make it to bed before 11. Andy is traveling in case you are wondering why his name isn't listed anywhere.

Then this weekend the weather is supposed to be nice so I am hoping for the best. I think some yard work needs to happen but I would also like some time with the kids relaxing. Deucey seems to be getting better so maybe we can all go on a walk and hang out at the playground.

I would like to say that it has been an awesome 7 years and all that stuff. There have definitely been some good times but I can also see why they call it the 7 year itch - and we haven't even reached that for our anniversary - I am still just talking about being engaged that long. I don't think the issue is with the other person, at least it isn't for me, it is the fact that you have so many other things going on that your marriage and your relationship tend to take a backseat to everything else.

I am not exactly itchy but I think I could defintely use a little Benadryl with my wine.

3 comments:

Ellen 11:41 AM  

It might be easier if it were itchy. That nebulous place where your life is dominated by the nitty-gritty (toting kids, maintaining a house, etc) can be kind of soul crushing (or at least it's been for me at times), so I guess feeling itchy is better than feeling nada (or maybe that's what I tell myself). We just passed engagement anniversary #9, and all we managed was to say in passing, "hey didn't we get engaged on this date? Yeah, we did."

As long as I'm totally projecting here, I'll say that I bet next year will be different because Thayer and Murdoch are only going to get easier (at least logistically, personality-wise not-so-much...3 is not a good age).

Can't wait to see you next month.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 5:56 PM  

totally feel your pain with the whole day-to-day grind, not to mention when fun "extras" like PT for your dog come into the daily mix... congratulations on engagement anniv. #7 - your day in turks and caicos sounds like such a dream, can you even imagine that now??? :)

tomorrow is practically the weekend - hopefully andy will be home and able to help out so you guys can also have some relax/enjoy the weather time!!!

glad to hear deucey is getting better!!!

Unknown 12:45 PM  

You hit it on the head - mostly it's everyday 'stuff' that gets in the way... even now!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP