Monday, June 14, 2010

I survived!

The race was awesome! It was cloudy but the sun came out as we were putting on our wetsuits, stayed relatively sunny during the race, and then it started raining when we were driving back. I was in some pain so I need to do some more training and my times in the transition area where horrible. I finished in 1 hour 23 minutes and I place 325 out of 500 people. Not great but when I think about the fact that if I could have come in 5 minutes earlier I would have been 250 I am feeling pretty good. Some people were being pulled out by kayaks so at least I was doing better than them.

It was a little humbling to have 60 year olds passing me but I honestly expected that. I really don't have any pictures - A stayed home with the kids so it was just me and Lindsey. I have a few at 5 AM in the parking lot where we left to drive down but we aren't looking all that great.

Now I just need to start training for my next one in August. It is slightly longer so I won't be able to compare my times directly but I am leaving my times here for future reference.

Place No. 325
Name
Hometown
Final 1:23:30
Div/Tot 38/81
Div NEWB-F
Rank 119
Swim 10.33
Tran1 4.26
Rank 364
Bike 39.00
Tran2 0.47
Rank 318
Run 28.46
Penalty N/A

3 comments:

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 8:28 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome, Sarah! I am so happy you were able to complete your first triathlon - I bet after just a few you will have the transitions figured out and will easily shave lots of time just in the transition area! way to go :) obviously it went well if you are already talking about the "next one" in august!

Unknown 11:06 AM  

Good job! You may have been hurting, but obviously recovered by yesterday to be lifting two children...

Mary 2:51 AM  

You are an inspiration! Congrats!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP