Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Boring isn't always bad...

I have been bad about posting. I like to add pictures to the posts which I can't do at work and at night sometimes I just don't have the energy to do it. I usually catch up over the weekend but because of the holiday our weekend was a little busy. Not pictures today but I thought I would give a little update.

Bob and Talli arrived from Florida on Wednesday night. Talli wasn't feeling that well on the drive up so they pushed through and arrived Wednesday instead of Thursday. We almost had the guest bathroom ready which was a big accomplishment for us. Andy had installed the shower rod and we had the shower curtain up. Then Andy installed the rest of the hardware in that bathroom along with the mirror later in the weekend. So good house progress was made!

Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving. There were seven of us - Bob, Talli, Hugh, Andy, Murdoch, Deucey, and me. I got a big turkey because the Sutherlands love leftovers and they food turned out pretty well. I cut my finger pretty badly while cutting up the bread for the stuffing so that caused a slight problem but everyone pitched in and everything was ready at almost the exact same time - not sure how that happened exactly.

Friday I worked and the rest of the group went out to Natick to visit with Andy's Aunt Sharon, Uncle Bob and his cousin Chandra. They hadn't met Murdoch or Deucey so it was a full car ride but everyone had a great time. Deucey got to play with Liam, their big German Shepard and everyone wanted to hold Murdoch so he got a lot of attention from everyone and I was told that he really didn't cry all day.

Saturday Andy and I ran some errands without Murdoch - Bob and Talli offered to watch him - so that was a big treat. I guess that sounds mean to say that being away from your son is a treat but if I have learned one thing since having him it is that errands are so much easier and faster without him. You don't have to get him in and out of the car and cut your errands short if he gets upset. So Andy and I ran some errands for the house and had some quiet time where it was just the two of us and Murdoch received excellent care at home.

Saturday night Hugh and Karen came over for dinner - we decided on some seafood after all of the heavy food we had eaten over the past couple of days. The dinner was good but Talli got sick after dinner. At first I thought it was the food but the reaction seemed a little to fast and drastic to be due to the food. She wasn't getting any better so Bob took her to the ER around midnight. After a full night of tests he returned home around 8 AM to say that Talli was doing better but that she would be in the hospital for a little while. The doctors said that she had colitis. Well Andy and I jumped onto webmd to find out more about colitis and what we found is that there are many different kinds and can be caused many different ways. Luckily the type that Talli has is not cronic and not transferable to other people. Talli is expected to get out of the hospital either today or tomorrow as long as things continue to improve. They will probably stay with us for a few more days to rest and recover and then start their drive back to Florida.

We have had a busy week between the holiday and Talli not feeling well. So sometimes when people ask you what is going on boring is not a bad thing because sometimes excitement is caused but something that wasn't exciting in a good way. So we will be excited when Talli is back out of the hospital leading a 'boring' life of watching Oprah and playing with Murdoch.

I will try to post the Thankgiving pictures in the next couple of days. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and you are all in good health!

0 comments:

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP