Friday, January 25, 2008

Rolling, rolling, rolling....

I am a little behind on the posts but I wanted to get this one up while I had a few minutes. Mur has started to roll over which is both exciting and scary! He will immediately roll over in his crib (yes he is finally out of his pack & play, we surpassed the safe weight limit for the bassinet portion so we thought it was a good idea to get him out of there because I am not reaching in there and picking up that heavy guy in the bottom day after day). So when he rolls over what are you going to do? He is supposed to sleep on his back but 95% of the time he rolls right over. I have read the books some say roll them back over - I have done that, he rolls right back over, and some say leave them - so then if he dies in his sleep what kind of guilt is that going to leave me with?! In the end I decided that he has very good head control and strength so if he rolls himself over he should be able to move his head so that he doesn't sufficate. I tried the sleep positioner but I think he is just too big and he rolls right out of it. And the other lovely thing about rolling over is that he screams once he is on his stomach because it is hard for him to flip back over. So after about two weeks of this I can happily report that he now rolls right over and only screams half of the time. I am thrilled! Now for the day I turn my back and he rolls right off the changing table - I don't think that is going to be a good day but I have this feeling that it is coming or something like it is coming very soon. This has also made us realize that after rolling over come crawling. Well our house, except for the part that we haven't redone yet, has no baseboard and has plenty of plaster, insulation, and firestopping sticking out of those holes between the floor and the wall - I am sure the safety books would not recommend this scenario when your child is starting to crawl. So we have many hours, days, weeks, ahead of us installing the baseboard, caulking it, filling in the nail holes with wood filler, sanding that down, priming it and then painting it. On the bright side I have a trim color picked out - not sure if that is really going to help me right now but it seemed like a task that I could check off my list of things to do rather easily. I think with a little baseboard in some of the rooms and some baby gates we should be just fine. I mean Mur just got out of his pack & play, moved into his own room which really isn't his own room, it is the guest room because his room is still full of construction materials, so I think the guy is really asking a lot of us to have all of the baseboard finished when he starts crawling. He really needs to become a little less demanding :) Enough of my complaining. Enjoy the video!

1 comments:

Unknown 8:43 AM  

He gets cuter every day! Those muscles are getting stronger and stronger - especially the smile muscles. It melts the heart!!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP