Wednesday, January 09, 2008

We are moving...

No not into another house just to our third floor - finally! I can't believe that it was last March when we returned from St. Lucia - our final non-kid just the two of us vacation - to a bedroom where the ceiling had collapsed onto our bed. We arrive home and I am frantically looking for a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon and hoping it is still open at 8 PM so that I can buy an aerobed for us to sleep on. Little did I know that we would be on that Aerobed until June, and I would like to add that this time that I was 6 months pregnany. Deucey really enjoyed this time - she spent many a night with her head between our pillows because she was not allowed on the bed. It has been one hell of a house project for us. It isn't over but the fact that we can sleep and shower on the third floor is a really big deal. Andy has worked very hard on this project - we used to do everything together but I couldn't do everything while I was pregnany and now sometimes Mur needs entertaining which means that Andy is up there quite often by himself. So I probably don't say it enough but I am so grateful that he is so handy and motivated to go up there by himself because I know how hard that is. Now we will probably have a good year or so of finish work and painting but our house is always a work in progress. Who knows, maybe we will even start a new project - our front room is very drafty - it is very tempting to just rip all of that down so that it is brand new as well. Not sure that we are quite there yet but we may be there sooner rather than later.

And on another note, Mur will be moving into his own room. I have mixed feelings about this. I know he needs to move into his own room - it will help us sleep because we won't hear all of his extra little noises and it will probably help him sleep better as well because he won't hear us, especially me in the AM getting ready for work. I also know that he needs to become an independent person as much as I want to shelter him and rock him to sleep every night I know that is just not possible for years on end. I guess Mur moving into another room is just another milestone that says my baby is growing up and it makes me sad. I love this time - he smiles all of the time, we are his whole world so we don't need to worry about if kids are being mean to him, or if he is taking drugs, or all of the other things the outside world introduces. For now I will just try to focus on this time because I know I can't get it back but it is hard not to think about how fast it is going. I guess this will always be the case with kids but sometimes it is just more apparent than other.s

1 comments:

Unknown 10:04 AM  

Congratulations! That is a big milestone... an event to celebrate for all kinds of reasons. Your planned space is available.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP