Monday, February 25, 2008

I think we are over the hump

I think we are finally fever free! Mur had his last dose of Motrin on Saturday while we were getting our taxes done and he hasn't felt warm since. I think the fever is finally gone so he is going back to day care today. He has another cold though which is making him cranky and I think I woke up with the same cold this morning. With Andy leaving very early tomorrow morning and not getting home until Friday it could be a long week with single mom duty and another cold.

Hopefully this one isn't too bad and doesn't last too long. I think I will get out the Neety Pot to clean my nose out. I am struggling with cold medication since becoming pregnany and having Mur. Previous to Murdoch I would have taken any and everything to make myself feel better - that would include over the counter medication only just in case you are thinking something else. I could barely take anything while I was pregnany which was miserable and now that I am breast feeding if I take anything it dries my right up and that affects Murdoch food supply. So I am trying a more natural approach. In fact I am making an effort to get more natural foods and be more environmentally aware in general. I don't think that I am ready to become a vegetarian anytime soon but I am trying to get organic fruits and vegetables, make Mur's food (at least for now when the menu is so small), and I am going to try out some diapers that are supposed to be better for the environment. I feel like as a parent I am doing this for Murdoch so it seems worth it. So every once in awhile I may post a little note about a new product that I have tried that is a little better for the environment. So far I love the Method cleaning products - I love the smell and they are supposed to be good for the environment and they are priced well and available at Target. I will give the diaper review as soon as they are delivered this week. Just don't tell Andy about this - he would probably say that the diapers suck and that they are expensive - in fact they are only a few cents more a diaper which isn't too bad.

Okay I will sign off before I write too much about this subject. Posts with fun videos going soon!

1 comments:

Ellen 6:53 AM  

Sarah, reading your post feels like you are descibing my life. With the last bout of sickness around here, my milk production took a huge hit (without any medication). There were two nights when I couldn't even nurse Julia before bed...there wasn't any milk. It's so stressful. The neety pot worked pretty well for me, but time was the best healer. I hope Mur does well with his cold. Julia is still snotty...when will this all end?

I'll be sending lots of tlc thoughts your way while Andy is gone. I can't wait to read your review of diapers....we definitely need to make a change.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP