Thursday, March 27, 2008

Trying to be more green - Paper Cups

The topic of the environment and global warming is very important to me so I thought I would publish a post every once in awhile on this subject.

I feel like there are a million articles and show out there on how you can become more green and more environmentally friendly. Sometimes I find the volume of this information overwhelming to the point that I feel like I am just not doing enough. I also find some of the suggestions are very expensive and time consuming. I know what you are saying - if something is important to you, you will make the time and make the money portion work as well. In some cases this is true but others it is not. Because of this I have decided to make one environmentally friendly change a month that is relatively easy, does not cost that much money, is free, or could actually save you money. This way I can focus on a positive change I am making instead of feeling like I am just not doing enough.

For this month I am starting the use of my own tea cup. Instead of going to the cafeteria every morning and getting a paper cup that I fill with hot water for my tea I brought a travel mug in from home. I started this on Monday so I have saved 4 cups from being used, and actually probably more - I have been pretty tired this week so there has been some afternoon tea consumption as well. It is a small change that was pretty easy for me so I should be able to stick with this. Over the course of a year I will save hundreds of cups and that feels like an accomplishment.

1 comments:

Ellen 6:48 AM  

speaking of green...how do you like your new diapers?

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP