Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm back baby!

It is a little depressing to think that my kids won't get that title as a Seinfeld reference. But there will be a lot of things that they don't get that will just make me feel older and older.

After a nice weekend in Maine something nice happened last night. I put Murdoch to bed, sang him a couple of songs, and then left him while he was still awake. I left the door open and he came right out. I put him back to bed and told him good night again and closed the door. He got right up and opened the door but I was standing there so he closed it, he tried that again and then put himself back to bed without any crying. I know this sound stupid and small but it made me feel great. Not only did he listen to me, which is always a nice feeling, but he went to bed by himself without needing one of us to sit there which is a big step after he moved to his toddler bed. I know there will be nights when we have to stay there longer but at least we are making progress. It is just another light at the end of the tunnel that I can now see, and that I really need now especially with a newborn.

Today Thayer is 1 month old. I feel like maybe her first month has gone by a lot faster than Murdoch's. Everyone says that happens with the second. Probably because you have done it before and you don't have as much time to watch everything that happens with the baby. Maybe I should celebrate with a glass of wine!

2 comments:

Ellen 9:30 AM  

Hooray for Murdoch. Julia still cries when Craig puts her down, so I'm stuck with that duty. Oh well. She won't always cry, so there's hope.

I'm onto New Moon, but I have to pace myself. If given the opportunity, I would just read all day....and then my house would really start to smell.

Unknown 3:10 PM  

Sounds like good progress for Murdoch to me!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP