Monday, August 03, 2009

Thayer - The First Week


Finally I downloaded some pictures and I have a little time to do a quick post. We welcomed Thayer Stevens at 1:20 PM on July 24th. She arrived at 7 pounds 15 ounces and 20 1/4 inches. Here is a little summary of her first week:

-I am happy to no longer be pregnant and know I won't be doing it again. Though the memory of the pregnancy has already started to fade.
-The labor and delivery was much easier than Murdoch. The start was a little slow and initially it looked like I might have a C-section but she was a strong little girl that 'loved' the contractions so with a little help from some drugs she popped right out after about 3 pushes. And Andy was happy that there were less 'colors' this time. :) You can ask him about that.
-Thayer is much easier than Murdoch - at least so far. I thought Murdoch was really good but she is even better which still scares me to say that. She is a really good eater, good sleeper, and loves to just look around. I am thinking of asking the doctor if anything is wrong - I am sure he will laugh at me and say enjoy it while you can! :)
-I love the way she looks when she stretches after being swaddled - she looks exactly the same as Murdoch.
-In general she looks exactly the same as Murdoch - it is scary.
-She loves your pinkie finger just like Murdoch - and I love in-between sucking she does this a little thing where she kind of gnaws on your finger about 4 or 5 times quickly and softly - again something Murdoch did but I forgot about.
-She has the dark grayish eyes just like Murdoch so she might end up with brown eyes like her brother.
-Murdoch has been a very good big brother without any major issues. Though when we got home Thayer needed to be changed she we took her up to Murdoch's room and changed her on Murdoch's changing pad. Well let me tell you he lost it! I guess I should have thought about it but the kid hates getting his diapers changed and hates being on the changing pad in general - always has. So what did her want after her diaper was changed - he wanted to lay on the pad. Toddlers are a funny breed.

I am sure that I have already forgotten a lot of other things in just the first week but it is something. Here are some pictures from the hospital and her first week at home including some of Murdoch.

2 comments:

Ellen 5:30 AM  

Seriously! Those pictures made me tear up in the very best way, so happy to see pictures of the family. Too incredibly cute.

Grace lost it when we put Julia in her old stroller--even though she didn't like to be stuck in a stroller. So funny--and predictably unpredictable--little people can be.

Unknown 6:17 PM  

Good to be able to read again! Only e-mail at this point, but... (Better being there, though)
Love the photos!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP