Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mommy's out gettin' drunk tonight!

Ellen, Andy, the kids, and I went up the street for a drink on Tuesday night around 7. It is a small restaurant/bar that has good drinks so I thought it would be a nice outing on the last night Ellen was hear. It was crowded but not that bad so we took the seats away from the bar where no one was sitting and ordered our drinks. I have to say that both kids were really good. Then we started to notice that the hostess was basically throwing daggers at us the whole time we were there. We had a double stroller but we had it well out of the way. Then these two girls came in and kept staring at us again looking a little annoyed. We continued with our drink and Andy took the kids home so that Ellen and I could stay and talk. Right before Andy left he said that those two girls had left and as they left they said 'Looks like Mommy's out gettin' drunk tonight!' That plus the hostesses behavior really pissed me off. We went out for one drink at 7 PM on a Tuesday night. We have always taken our kids everywhere and we have never been treated like that. We also try to go off hours, not on a Friday or Saturday night, and not to a really nice place. We have taken Murdoch to this bar before with no negative reaction. Maybe it was the double stroller - I don't know. I just found it annoying that someone couldn't tolerate a child for about 40 minutes who wasn't screaming, running around or misbehaving in any way. And the fact that I have one drink doesn't make me drunk. Am I supposed to sit at home until my kids are grown? And we don't have any family for babysitting so it isn't like we can just drop them off somewhere if we decide to do a quick outing on a nice summer evening. At the end of the night it gave us something to talk about I guess.

Ellen - you should be happy you left yesterday morning, Wednesday night Murdoch started vomiting everywhere - Mommy wasn't out at a bar getting drunk last night! :) I hope you had a sage flight.

4 comments:

Ellen 9:28 AM  

Let me say that I'll be telling that story for years to come. Murdoch and Thayer were actually the best behaved people in the whole place. Give that hostess 10 more years and a few kids and see how she feels!

Vomit! Oh, no Murdoch! Poor you, little man. Poor Mommy & Daddy. If it makes you feel any better, I came home to a house that smells a little like vomit, and I can't tell where it's coming from.

I had a really great time.

Unknown 11:02 AM  

Guess it wasn't the same place we went with Bridget! Their loss with a silly attitude like that.
Hope everyone is feeling better - talk to you tonight!

Mary 6:46 PM  

Stupid fuckin' bitches. 'Nuff said.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 8:43 PM  

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so happy about the addition of Thayer to your family :)

Second of all - i enjoyed your story about "mommy's out gettin drunk"... sorry to hear it wasn't your vomit from "gettin drunk" you had to clean today, but murdoch's. i hope he is feeling better soon!!!

please send our congratulations to andy and murdoch too!!!
love,
laura

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP