Friday, April 11, 2008

Going Green - New diaper trial

Ever since we had Murdoch I have been feeling very guilty about the amount of trash we produce on a weekly basis. Before Murdoch we would have maybe one bag of trash and our recyclying pile would be larger than our trash - I am a bit of a recyclying freak. After having Murdoch our trash count when to 2-3 bags a week, most of this being his diapers. We were using a variety of diapers - basically whatever was on sale and anything that we had a coupon for.

I started to do a little research on the web about being a little more green when it came to your kids. One thing that kept coming up was diapers. I read all about the cloth diapers - I just wasn't ready to make that commitment and I felt like it would waste a lot of water. So I decided on a compromise - Seventh Generation Diapers. We have had some issues with leakage overnight but in general I really like these diapers. They don't smell like baby powder, which I like, the smell of baby powder and poop makes me gag. And I also like the fact that Elmo, Cookie Monster, etc. aren't on the diapers. Murdoch has no idea who those people/characters are so why have them on there. These diapers are a nice khaki color and may I say they are kind of stylish - I know this may sound weird but they are. Seeing a little khaki bum crawling around is much cuter that the other diapers - at least to me. So while we may still buy some other diapers for the overnight we are definitely sticking with the Seventh Generation diapers for during the day. They are a few pennies more per diaper but you can buy them at http://www.diapers.com/ and you get free shipping if you spend more than $50 and the prices there are great - they are the same as the price at CostCo. I figure this is another small change that I can make now to have a better world for Murdoch when he gets older.

1 comments:

Anonymous 10:26 AM  

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP