Tuesday, April 01, 2008

4 Scores and 5 years ago...

...I was in Turks & Caicos. I got up early with Andy to go diving - I think early was probably around 6:15 - still early but now 6:15 is not the same type of early that is once was. We went diving, probably came back to our condo, had something to eat, sat by the pool, and then around sunset on a hammock on the beach we got engaged. If Andy logs onto the blog he can insert the story because he loves to tell it - it basically involved me saying thank you, never yes I WILL MARRY YOU and tears, and then asking to go back inside because I was cold. So it wasn't quite the reaction he was expecting but I don't really like surprises and I don't react well to them so it wasn't my best moment.

But here we are 5 years later. Seems like a long time again and yet not a long time ago all at the same time. Since then we have finished a house, sold it, bought another one, gone through a horrible renovation project in our current house, got married, had a kid, I got a new job, and we entered another decade. After listing that out our next 5 years may be about the same though I won't enter another decade though Andy will :)

We were told during our renovation project on our first house that if we could live through that then we should get married because we would survive that as well. So far so good. I am sure I would change things that have happened over the last five years but honestly I can't think of anything right now. I really like where we are in our lives right now and I am very happy with the choices we have made.

Andy has helped me become more fiscally responsible - not all of your savings should be in a shoe collection, now I actually have a savings account with money in it! He also taught me that games are not necessary in a relationship - now we usually air our thoughts relatively quickly instead of being passive aggressive - I still am from time to time but it doesn't seem to work on him so I come back to the direct approach and it works.

Andy is a great husband, Dad, friend, and business partner and I am looking forward to the next 5 years to see what we can do together. Maybe we will have to renew our vows at some point so that Andy can get those tears that he was expecting!

Happy 5 years Babe!

1 comments:

Ellen 5:19 PM  

What a nice post. So much goes the same for C and I...epecially on the PA front.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP