Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Photos from vacation

So I downloaded the photos from vacation - I think that was record time for me. Right now I am usually around a month delay. Of course I have a whole month of photos and videos to post and I try to post in order but that makes me even more behind.

It was a great vacation. My parents flew in on Friday, we had a nice dinner and then headed up to Maine on Saturday. As usual we had way too many things going on Saturday morning so instead of leaving at noon we left at 2 but I think we missed a lot of the traffic because of that. It was a pretty easy drive up, though we hit some major downpours and hail when we were in Maine - people were pulled over to the side of the highway at every overpass and we were going about 30 MPH on 95! We got to the address - which was incorrect and in the back-roads of Maine which was a little weird. I didn't have the directions from the people and the GPS wasn't finding it - so things did not go well at this point. Andy was pissed I didn't have the directions and I said that the directions were in my email which he thought was on my laptop but they weren't - I needed to connect to the internet. So after a quick lookup on the iPhone we found the people's number and called them for directions and we got to the house - and may I say I was relieved to get there - the other street (with the same name) was a little scary and if the house had been on that street I think I would have demanded my money back.

The whole week was nice. Talli & Bob came on Sunday for a visit. We basically relaxed, watched the Olympics, napped, took walks, etc. On Monday night we celebrated Murdoch's birthday - we had ice cream cake, he had a banana. I am carrying some guilt that I didn't do all of this stuff for my child's first birthday but I need to let that go. We had fun and Murdoch loves bananas so really there wasn't a big loss. Even if I made that huge cake I didn't want him to have any so it would have been a lot of work for us and everyone loved the ice cream cake from the store. I am sure there will be many birthdays in the future where a big cake is consumed happily by little people.

Bob & Talli left on Tuesday and we continued to relax the rest of the week. Thursday we had a play date for Murdoch - one of the guys that I work with lives about 20 minutes from where we were staying and they had a little boy last year about 2 weeks before Murdoch was born so it was a perfect match. The boys played and then we all went out for lunch which was great. One side note - when we returned home to find Deucey vomiting and we were very concerned. After about 12 hours of vomiting we found the cause - about 5 pieces of hard plastic about 2-3 inches in diameter and two squeakers were consumed, sat in her stomach, and then eventually made it back out. I thought we were going to the emergency room the next day. Luckily she got all of it out of her system. We were going outside with a flashlight to collect the 'gifts' (gross I know) to try and figure out what she had eaten. We still don't know - our best guess is a plastic ball that she found at some point on Thursday. Either way I was much relieved when she stopped vomiting and was able to sleep - we were all pretty nervous!

Friday we took a trip into the downtown area to walk around and Andy stayed back at the house with Deucey for some beer, sun, and fishing. He had a little relax time and then we left on Saturday. It was an easy drive back, gorgeous weather! Sunday my parents left and then Monday we were back to the grind.

Here is a link to the pictures. These are just from our camera for now but I am sure there will be some from both of the grandparents soon as soon and they have a chance to upload them. Enjoy the final week of summer!

1 comments:

Ellen 11:05 AM  

Deucey, you stinker you! Happy Early Birthday Murdoch!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP