Friday, March 20, 2009

Changes....

So today is the first day of Spring - though it didn't feel like it walking to work in a down coat and mittens. The days are slightly warmer and longer and I am hoping we have seen the last snow of the season.

Starting next Friday our kitchen and dining room will be gutted to begin the lovely process of kitchen renovation. This is our last large project in this house which is awesome but I know the amount of dust that is created, the extra stress on top of normal life that it creates, and just the general annoyance of living without a kitchen. We will still have a fridge and a microwave which is pretty good but losing the stove is going to kill me! Most of the kid meals are fixed on the stove so that is going to be hard. I think there is going to be a lot of yelling and short fuses in the next month or more.

I will post before, during, and after pictures. We definitely need a new kitchen because ours is pretty much a room with appliances in it but because I know what is coming I am totally dreading it. I think I will go to bed desperately holding onto the picture of the new kitchen in order to get through this ordeal. I know others have a much harder cross to bare in life so this isn't the biggest thing ever but I unfortunately am going down the black hole of pity where I will be feeling very sorry for myself once this project starts. Luckily there is light at the end of the tunnel in the form of counter tops, cabinets, and drawers - some very novel ideas to have in your kitchen! :)

1 comments:

Unknown 3:19 PM  

Enjoy the spring... and the dream of the new kitchen. It will be great.
Maybe you could use someone else's stove on the week-end to freeze for Murdoch's food for the month it'll take. I can empathize.
Love the swing photos - he's not flirting again, is he?

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP