Monday, March 16, 2009

Shaving over walking?

I just saw this article:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/16/hm.shave.childhood.cancer/index.html
I did the breast cancer 3-day walk a few years ago and it was fun and I had a good time - granted the weather was nice and I decided to stay in a hotel instead of camp out with everyone which made it much nicer at least for me. The walk lasted 3-days and there were many weekends before that of practice walks to make sure that I could actually do the 20 miles though I never practiced 20 miles a day, 3 days in a row. But after the summer of training and then the three days it was over. The actually shaving would be easier - there isn't any training you just go in and get it done - but that bald head is going to last more than 3 days! But I think with all of those kids sitting around cheering you on and knowing how it would help them the joy and gratification would last longer than your bald head.

Which one would you choose?

1 comments:

Ellen 2:39 PM  

Walk. I can't imagine what I would look like bald. Not nearly as cute as Julia, that's for sure.

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP