Friday, March 27, 2009

When the walls come tumbling down...

....literally! Today our dining room, kitchen, front hallway, back hallway, and one of the bedrooms in our renters apartment are being gutted. Though thrilling, because I can't wait for a new kitchen that actually has drawers and counter tops, the process is not a pleasant one and I know it because we have done this before. There is dust everywhere - if you have never taken down a wall made of horse hair plaster it is quite a mess task! So it is going to suck to be without a kitchen for awhile and trying to keep a toddler and a dog occupied in only part of the house, especially when the weather isn't great isn't the easiest task but I am going to try and remain positive. But I have a feeling I am going to reach some lows during this process so there will probably be some entries of whining and self-pity so please bare with me. I took before pictures which I will post and I will be taking pictures along the way and then finally there will be after pictures - the best ones of all!

Enjoy your weekend - we are going to be staying in various venues so I don't think it will be the greatest weekend of my life but in no way shape or form will it be my worst.

1 comments:

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around 4:24 PM  

Good luck through this latest remodeling project!!! I can't imagine keeping a toddler and dog out of the mess - best of luck, i hope it goes quickly!!!

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP