Monday, March 02, 2009

How was your weekend?

***WARNING - this post is kind of gross so Dad you may not want to read it***

This past weekend held great promise to be a good weekend for the Suthersons. I have no idea what we did on Friday night which means we probably didn't do much because we were tired which is fine. Saturday we had a trip to the dog park with Murdoch's daycare teacher planned followed by errands or house work and then a 2-year-old birthday party. Murdoch decided to sleep in on Saturday which was fine because he was up late the night before. So I got up to make breakfast to make sure there were no tears while waiting for the oatmeal to cool. I made the oatmeal, had my breakfast, watched some tv and it was now after 9. In order to make it to the dog park by 11 people needed to get out of bed pretty soon. So I checked on Andy and he said Murdoch hadn't been making any noise. We decided we should get him up because it was pretty late and I was starting to think something was very wrong. Well I opened the door and the smell that met me said yes something is wrong. Poor Murdoch had thrown up at some point during the night and was sleeping in it. This is the second time this has happened and neither time he cried, he just throws up and goes back to sleep. This makes me feel horrible! Poor guy sleeping in throw-up. So we got him up, he went into the bathtub, and cleaned up the room and we made it to the dog park but it was more like 12. The rest of the day was fine but Murdoch seemed a little out of it and he really didn't want to eat much and I didn't press the issue.

Sunday - we have breakfast/brunch plans with friends which makes it the best day because I love breakfast and Andy was coming which was very nice because he really doesn't like breakfast. We got up and headed out and my car sounded odd on the way over. It was snowing so we thought it just needed to warm up. We got there parked and as Andy was getting Murdoch out of the car I noticed my tired was low - well that accounts for the sound. We decided to eat and then drive two blocks to use the air at the gas station. We get out of breakfast and the tire is totally flat - so much for running the errands right after breakfast! We got to the gas station and the air was out of order. So Andy changed the tire - in horizontal freezing snow! We headed home, changed cars, and headed to the Expo. The store is closing and we needed things for our new kitchen so we thought we would check it out. While in the Expo Murdoch decided to poop. Which is fine but then there was an odor that followed us around. We decided that we would go across the street and change him at Nordstrom - the bathrooms are much nicer and easier for that type of thing. So we pile into the car drive over there, circle for a parking space, Andy loses it, and parks in a handicapped space and tells us to get out so that I can change the diaper and he will meet us in there. Well I pick up Murdoch and as soon as I get him into my arms I hear 'Oh my god!' I have no idea what is going on my I soon do. Murdoch has had diarrhea and it is all over the car seat, all over him, and now it is all over me. Well I guess we aren't going to Nordstrom :) So I put him back in the seat with a towel between him and the seat and I try to wipe myself down. We go home (I think Andy almost threw up on the way home because of the smell) and Murdoch and I went straight into the shower. That caused a lot of crying because he hates the shower but that was just easier. So he got shower, then he wanted the sippy cup. We played for awhile and he went to bed around 4:30. We debated waking him up but decided to let him sleep.

This morning I work up to about a foot of snow and a horrible commute - definitely a day to work for home! But Murdoch slept through the night, there were no accidents overnight, and Andy said that he is eating a ton this morning so hopefully this is past us. Hopefully next weekend is a better one!

Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

Ellen 6:40 AM  

gross. and gross.

I have nothing to say other than that.

Steve P 8:47 AM  

HOLY CRAP

Sarah's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP